- Plano Independent School District
- Plano ISD Headlines
Registration Is Open for the Final Virtual College Fair on October 16
UPDATE September 27, 2021
Two virtual college fairs have been scheduled, and students grades 8 - 12 and their parents are invited to attend virtually on Saturdays September 25 (now closed) and October 16 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Register now.
Students from 8th to 12th grades are invited to attend. To register, please visit the gotocollegefairs.com website.
- Step 1: Type in www.gotocollegefairs.com in your browser, click STUDENTS at top then drop down and click Register Now.
- Step 2: Click on the state TEXAS
- Step 3: Click Register on top option ‘9/8/2021 - 11/30/2021 All TACRAO Virtual Fairs’ location Online
- Step 4: Click Green Virtual College Fair button under Student registration
- Step 5: Enter information to register and hit Continue button at bottom of page.
- Step 6: Select top option for Virtual TACRAO All Texas Virtual Fairs then click Continue at bottom of page.
- Step 7: Enter information to register and hit Continue button at bottom of page.
- Step 8: You will receive confirmation page and registered for all of the Virtual College Fairs that are available
- Step 9: On day of event enter the Virtual fair by going to: https://falltacrao.swoogo.com/Registration and click on the ‘Enter Virtual Fair’ green button.
- Step 10: Enter email address used to register and click email me link. You will receive the link via email to access the virtual fair. If you can't find the email, try checking your spam folder for link.
All three senior high schools will have a building open during the online fair for students who need computer access.
For more information please contact Katie Duran in the Plano ISD secondary guidance and counseling office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 469-752-6197.
Registration QR code links to Gotocollegefairs.com.
At the fairs, students will have opportunities to chat with representatives of the colleges and universities of their choice and to discover colleges that might be a great fit for them that they hadn't previously considered. Students will learn more about how and when to apply, as well as information about financial aid. It's never too early or too late to plan for the future; students from eighth grade to seniors in high school are invited to attend these fairs.
Questions for College Reps
- What is the most important criteria in your admissions process: grades, extracurricular activities, high school curriculum?
- When is the application deadline?
- How do I find out about scholarships and financial aid?
- Which majors are the strongest on your campus?
- Does the college have the major/minor I want?
- Must freshmen live on campus?
- What do I do if I haven’t chosen a major?
- Is housing guaranteed?
- What is the city or town like where the college is located?
- What is the student-to-faculty ratio?
- What types of extra-curricular activities are there on campus?
- Are there study abroad opportunities?
For more information, contact Plano ISD Secondary Guidance and Counseling Coordinator Katie Duran at email@example.com or by phone at 469-752-6197. And please check back for the registration link coming soon.